By R. Malcolm Errington
- Offers a essentially prepared narrative with specific emphasis on country and governmental structures
- Makes broad use of inscriptions in translation to demonstrate the ongoing power of the Greek urban states ahead of the Roman conquest
- Emphasizes the categorical Macedonian origins of all energetic contributors within the construction of the Hellenistic world
- Highlights the relationships among Greek city-states and Macedonian monarchies
Read or Download A History of the Hellenistic World: 323 - 30 BC (Blackwell History of the Ancient World) PDF
Best ancient history books
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2009 im Fachbereich Geschichte - Weltgeschichte - Frühgeschichte, Antike, be aware: 1,7, Universität Mannheim (Historisches Institut), Veranstaltung: faith in der Antike, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: „Der Tod öffnet der dahinscheidenden Seele nicht die Tore zur Hölle und Verdammnis, sondern er schließt sie hinter ihr.
The latter a part of the 15th century bc observed Egypt’s political energy succeed in its zenith, with an empire that stretched from past the Euphrates within the north to a lot of what's now Sudan within the south. The wealth that flowed into Egypt allowed its kings to fee the most stupendous temples of all time, the various maximum devoted to Amun-Re, King of the Gods.
The cuneiform capsules from Ebla (3rd milleniumBC) attest to the main old Semitic language and supply perception right into a interval within the heritage and faith of Syria that was once formerly unknown. The recovery, interpretation, and class of those drugs has taken greater than thirty years.
During this e-book Richard Sakwa presents a brand new research of the top of the chilly battle and the next failure to create a finished and inclusive peace order in Europe. the top of the chilly conflict didn't create a sustainable peace method. in its place, for 1 / 4 of a century a 'cold peace' mirrored the stress among cooperative and aggressive behaviour.
- Gaius und der Senat - Untersuchungen zum Verhältnis zwischen dem Kaiser Gaius und dem Senat von 37 bis 41 n. Chr. (German Edition)
- Now That You Asked: Ancient Athens
- Cicero: Politics and Persuasion in Ancient Rome
- Dividing the Spoils: The War for Alexander the Great's Empire (Ancient Warfare and Civilization)
- Hellenistic Economies
- Strabo of Amasia: A Greek Man of Letters in Augustan Rome
Additional info for A History of the Hellenistic World: 323 - 30 BC (Blackwell History of the Ancient World)
A History of the Hellenistic World: 323 - 30 BC (Blackwell History of the Ancient World) by R. Malcolm Errington