By Peter Freund
This interesting publication assembles human tales approximately physicists and mathematicians. Remarkably, those tales cluster round a few common issues having to do with the interplay among scientists, and with the influence of historical occasions — reminiscent of the appearance of fascism and communism within the 20th century — on scientists' habit. in brief, yet lucidly, many of the appealing technological know-how that introduced those scientists jointly within the first position is explained.
Author's web site: http://freund9.googlepages.com/peterfreundwritings.
- Einstein as soon as Removed
- The judgment of right and wrong of Physics
- The Language of God
- Oswald Teichmüller and Nazi Science
- Scientists in Politics
- Jews in technology. The Backlash
- Stalin and the Quantum
- Oppenheimer, Hero or Antihero?
- On and stale the Map: Romanian Mathematics
- A short heritage of Space
- as good as chapters on Richard Feynman, E C G Stueckelberg, Emmy Noether, Andrei Sakharov, and others
Readership: essentially basic readers, and especially theoretical physicists, mathematicians and excessive strength experimental physicists.
Read or Download A Passion for Discovery PDF
Best biographies & memoirs of scientists books
Olaf Blumberg flucht, bellt, zuckt heftig und unwillkürlich, und das meistens in den unpassendsten Situationen – in der Bahn, in der Uni, in der Kirche, bei der neuen Freundin. Olaf hat Tourette. Hier erzählt er, wie er gelernt hat, diesen Dämon zu akzeptieren. Ein tragikomisches, anrührendes Buch über ein Leben mit einer unberechenbaren Krankheit.
First released in 2005. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Georg Henisch (1549-1618) used to be some of the most awesome Renaissance males and humanists in sixteenth-century “middle Europa. ” via an analogous token, he's virtually unknown at the different facet of Atlantic. Out of his 32 significant and minor courses, in basic terms six chanced on their strategy to Yale University’s libraries, and some others are scattered all through different US universities.
Gilbert White's identify is understood universally yet, as Ted Dadswell insists during this e-book, very important features of his paintings have usually been missed even by way of scholarly editors. The Selborne naturalist (1720-1793) has been defined as 'a prince of private observers'; yet a clever analytical wondering and evaluating was once additionally usual of his 'natural knowledge'.
- My Dear Li: Correspondence, 1937-1946
- Sigmund Freud: En su tiempo y el nuestro (Spanish Edition)
- Men of Physics: Benjamin Thompson – Count Rumford: Count Rumford on the Nature of Heat
- Mr. Liquid Crystal: The untold story of how James L. Fergason invented the liquid crystal display & helped create the digital world
Extra resources for A Passion for Discovery
A Passion for Discovery by Peter Freund